- Budget Mother’s Day Gifts – Guide to Gifts Under
- Personalized Gifts to Celebrate Memories
- Budget Gifts for the Foodie Mom
- Pampering Gifts on a Budget
- Gifts for the Mom on the Go
- Budget Games
- Mother’s Day Gifts for Garden-Lovers
- Warm Weather Gifts Ahead!
- Sweetly Scented Gifts on a Budget
- Mother’s Day Gifts with heART
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide—All for Under
- We found 13 amazing Mother’s Day gifts under that don’t feel cheap at all | Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2017
Budget Mother’s Day Gifts – Guide to Gifts Under $20
Show Mom you care with these thoughtful and personal gifts just for her. Everything in this Mother’s Day gift guide is priced at $20 or under. Nothing “cheap” here, these are budget Mother’s Day gifts that still feel a splurge.
I love to give gifts! And naturally, I love to receive them too. But it seems there is always another “holiday” coming up with yet another gift to buy! And all the gift giving can really take a hit to the budget. I want to show my mom and mother-in-law my love and appreciation for them with a gift for Mother’s Day. But I can’t really get too extravagant with it.
Are you looking for budget Mother’s Day gifts under $20? Check out this budget-friendly guide with items to make mom (and your wallet!) happy!
Image credit: Shutterfly
Personalized Gifts to Celebrate Memories
- I know what my mom s to receive for Mother’s Day – new photos of the grand kids! From prints that she can put in a frame, the Floral Latte Mug (shown above), a photo book or magnets for the fridge, Mom will love to show off the photos. I shop Shutterfly for printing all my photo memories. Sign up to receive notifications of sales from Shutterfly and you can often receive 50% off or even free products!
- A little spot for rings and things, this I’ll Love You Mommy Dish is ideal for new moms.
Image credit: Elm Studios Online at Etsy
Budget Gifts for the Foodie Mom
Does your mom enjoy cooking? Or maybe she just appreciates yummy things! These foodie gifts under $20 are just right (photos in collage below).
Pampering Gifts on a Budget
A day at the spa is special but for pampering on a budget, there’s nothing DIY at home. These pampering gifts are great for mom and she’ll love how they make her feel. RELATED: 13+ Self Care Ideas for Moms to Do Everyday
Image credit: Sephora
- Ipsy Subscription – The Ipsy Glam Bag is just $12 per month and includes 5 generous samples inside of a make-up bag. Gift mom a single month or go for all-out glam with a year-long subscription.
- For a spa- shower, try these Essential Oil Shower Steamers that release scent and steam upon release in hot water (bag says, “Gentlemen Only” but these are perfect for softening skin before shaving).
Image credit: Uncommongoods
Gifts for the Mom on the Go
Image credit: Amazon
If mom is always on the road, these travel themed gifts are both practical and inspirational (see collage below for images).
- A Canvas Messenger Crossbody Bag is a great size for travel. Small enough to stay the way but roomy enough for essentials.
- In remembrance of her latest adventure, this colorful Travel Inspired Wall Art from Etsy will transport her to Hawaii, Europe, US destinations and beyond.
- As far as she roams, this Ohana Means Family Keyring from Etsy will keep keys safe until she returns home.
- A Travel Life Journal will give Mom a special place to jot down her travel memories and keep them all in one place.
- Keep all cords untangled and in one place with this travel-friendly Electronics Cord Roll (I have one that keeps my cords organized in my desk drawer).
- We have several of these pretty floral Zippered Pouches at home, to use for pencils, make-up brushes and travel essentials.
- This stylish Women’s Scarf with Zipper Pocket will keep her cozy and also has a clever zipper pouch to store cash or keys while she’s out exploring.
If your mom is a game player, consider sending the gift that keeps giving, a game she can enjoy over and over with friends. Board games, card games or puzzles, these budget Mother’s Day gifts are pure fun!
One of my mom’s favorite things to do is to play a game with her grandchildren. From board games to cards, a fun family game night with family (or for a girl’s night out!) will be something Mom will cherish.
Mother’s Day Gifts for Garden-Lovers
If Mom loves gardening or just stopping to smell the roses, these garden-inspired gifts are just lovely (see images in collage below).
Image credit: Sherri McCulley on Etsy
- Songbirds make my heart sing and I love to see them in my garden. This collection of Songbird Art from Etsy brings a rustic whimsy to the walls.
- Even with limited space, Mom can grow her own herbs indoors with these pretty Mason Jar Herb Garden from UncommonGoods.
- The beautiful floral design on this Psalm 28:7 Printable from Etsy will brighten up the walls. Simply download and print at home, then frame yourself.
- If fresh fruits and veggies are mom’s fav, she’ll love this Etsy Farmer’s Market Mug.
- Nobody will confuse Mom’s Personalized Garden Gloves when they have her name on them!
- Keep the sun off her face when she’s gardening with this stylish Wide Brim Braided Straw Sun Hat.
Warm Weather Gifts Ahead!
Think ahead to summer and gift Mom some of these warm weather items that are both practical and fun (images in collage).
Sweetly Scented Gifts on a Budget
Instead of splurging on the largest bottle of Mom’s favorite perfume, choose a travel size version instead. She’ll love to receive her signature scent and appreciate the purse-sized bottle that she can tote with her.
Image credit: Anthropology
Mother’s Day Gifts with heART
Whether it’s doing crafts or staying inspired, these art-themed gifts will spark creativity.
- If Mom is crafty, consider a box of Crayola art supplies and a grown-up coloring book. Nothing a fresh new box of Crayola crayons! Or maybe she’d to have something crafty that she can display in the house.
- If Mom always has her nose in a book, gift her this beautiful Personalized Feather Bookmark from Etsy to keep her place.
- This chic Craft Crush Felt Succulents Kit will give Mom something very pretty to show off when she’s done creating.
- Give your crafty mom the gift of learning with a lesson or pattern to educate on something new from BluPrint, including quilting, embroidery and knitting.
- If mom’s an artist, warn everyone to avoid drinking this mug! Paint Water (Don’t Drink This) Mug
Image credit: Loft85 on Etsy
Mother’s Day Gift Guide—All for Under $50
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and since going out to brunch isn’t really an option right now, these thoughtful gifts from local, women-owned businesses are a great way to show appreciation for your momma—or, frankly, yourself.
This shirt pretty much sums it up, right? Pre-order it until May 2nd at NolanJames.net, the website for Melissa Bernero’s beloved Cicero-area boutique. Bonus: Take 10% off your entire purchase with coupon code INDYMAVEN10.
Best mom ever tee, $29, Nolanjames.net
Kelsey Gibbs of Ever Grace Designs handcrafts these freestanding wooden hexagonal frames in Indianapolis—and they’re available in three sizes and several finishes. For a surefire winner, wrap one up with a photo of you and your mom together.
Mini wood hexagon photo display stand, $13-$20, Evergracedesigns.etsy.com
What’s better than a thoughtful card for mom? A whole book of things you love about her. Just add your answers to the 30 fill-in prompts and you’ll create a personalized, meaningful gift she’ll treasure. Order this gem—and throw in that aforementioned greeting card for bonus points—from Homespun: Modern Handmade, Amanda Mauer Taflinger’s boutique on Mass Ave.
Love about mom fill-in journal, $14, Homespunindy.com
There’s never been a better time for some at-home pampering, so you’re sure to score a home run with Spruce + Bee’s Mother’s Day gift set of bath and body goodies.
Handmade by owner Britt Sanders in her Nora workshop, for $39 you’ll get the brand’s Lemon Honey Sugar Scrub, Calming Salve, Clay + Charcoal Mud Mask, Wildflower Tub Tea and a lip balm.
You can also add a free handwritten note, and get free shipping with coupon code CARE.
Mother’s Day collection, $39, Spruceandbee.com
Light up your mom’s day with a statement candle from Unplug Soy Candles, founded by Fortville native Jennifer Sturgill. Choose from scents prosecco fizz, hazelnut coffee and coconut milk, all made with natural fragrance oils.
Candle, $30, Unplugsoycandles.com
Searching for something sweet and unique? Try an array of petit fours from Alison Keefer’s The Gallery Pastry Shop in Broad Ripple. Their $30 Mother’s Day assortment consists of two each of their scrumptious almond cookies, mini cheesecakes, mini opera cakes and lemon meringue tartlets.
Mother’s Day petit four assortment, $30, Gallerypastryshop.com
If you go the floral route this Mother’s Day, consider this gorgeous arrangement from Rusted Window, Stacy Molander’s flower market and lifestyle boutique located within the Indiana Design Center in Carmel. The desk-sized design will include a mix of lilies, mini hydrangeas, alstroemeria, roses and stock—but each creation will be unique and full of charm, just the shop itself.
‘Sweet blooms’ arrangement, $48, Rustedwindow.com
Get the kiddos involved in the fun with this at-home craft kit from The Little Village Playroom, Amy Sample’s indoor activity and event center in Carmel.
With enough materials and instructions to make a photo frame, some paper flowers, a keepsake box, an ‘It’s all about my mom’ poster, and a pop-up greeting card, you’ll be able to check off your gift list and keep your children entertained in the process.
Mother’s Day gift kit, $20, Thelittlevillageplayroom.com
Impress a tea aficionado with a five-pack sampler from Jessica Messmer’s Cup & Kettle Tea Co. in Bloomington, featuring flavors strawberry champagne, lemon honeybush, and chamomile lavender.
5 pack tea sampler, $13, Cupandkettletea.com
Give your matriarch this glazed stoneware mug that says, “Mom, ever grateful for your grace,” and every time she sips, she’ll get a little reminder of your appreciation. Order it from Silver in the City, Kristin Kohn’s inimitable downtown boutique.
Mom ever grateful mug, $15, Silverinthecity.com
Handmade by Broad Ripple native Kaitlan Vosler, this concrete mini bud vase will look equally stunning with a single bloom or a few sprigs of dried lavender.
Mini vase, $20, Creamandconcrete.com
Chocolate connoisseurs will savor this 20-piece Mother’s Day assortment from The Best Chocolate in Town, a company recently acquired by Carrie Abbott of Newfangled Confections and Frittle fame. (You can read all about her plans.
) To sweeten the deal, Abbott is throwing in free shipping with coupon code MOMMA and a gratis 4-ounce bag of peanut butter crunch if you purchase online.
The cherry on top: You don’t need to prove you’re buying it for your mom to get the deal, so stock up for yourself, too.
Mother’s Day package, $39.95, Newfangledconfections.com
Jewelry designer and Indy native Sloane Swayze put her chic spin on the classic birthstone ring with these sterling silver, crystal-adorned stackers. Opt for one and choose your mother’s birth month, or splurge on a few to represent everyone in the family.
Birthstone rings, $32 each, Sloanejewelrydesign.com
Popcorn is the perfect accompaniment to binge watching—something plenty of us are doing right now—and if the salty snack is your mom’s fave, she’ll adore this tin from Just Pop In!, the brainchild of twin sisters Mandy Selke and Carly Swift. Available in flavors sharp cheddar, bloody Mary and spicy ginger curry, now’s the time to buy: You can currently take 20% off your online order (discount automatically applied in cart).
½ gallon Mother’s Day tin, $18-$40 depending on flavor, Justpopinpopcorn.com
Crafty mommas will get a kick this do-it-yourself lavender rosewater kit from Indy resident Victoria Davis, owner of Make It Classy. But if you don’t think your mom would dig the DIY aspect, you could always make it yourself and present her with the finished product so she can enjoy the fruits of your labor.
‘Romantic Rosie’ DIY lavender rosewater kit, $32.99, Makeitclassydiy.com
Has your mom been indulging in a little wine o’clock lately? Treat her to a bottle of vino from She Spot, a female, veteran-owned winery and tasting room by vintner Carmen Murry-Randolph, located on North Franklin Road in Indianapolis. Murry-Randolph crafts a number of must-try wines, this Bartlett pear-tinged variety with the perfect amount of sweetness.
Pear wine, $15, text or call (317) 656-0797 to place an order
Indiana Design Center, Just Pop In!, Newfangled Confections, and Silver in the City areIndy Maven partners.
Stephanie Groves is a freelance writer in Indianapolis who realized a few years ago that her mom really was right about pretty much everything.
gift guidegiftsIndianaLocally OwnedMother's Day Stephanie Groves / About Author More posts by Stephanie Groves
We found 13 amazing Mother’s Day gifts under $20 that don’t feel cheap at all | Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2017
Our love for our moms may know no bounds, but our budgets? Well, they have bounds! We get it. Which is why this year, we really wanted to dedicate part of our Mother’s Day Gift Guide to some of the amazing Mother’s Day gifts under $20 that we’ve been spotting in our efforts to put together lots of awesome gift ideas for moms and grandmas.
The best part is, she’ll never know. Because all 13 of these Mother’s Day gift ideas are meaningful, sweet, and heartfelt at any price. In fact we’d be happy to receive any one of these gifts from our own kids.
How’s that for a recommendation?
At top: Handmade heart hoop | Blue Without You KidsCMP is an rstyle affiliate
Related: The most fabulous indie Mother’s Day gifts from women makers + shops
Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2017
Silver birthstone bracelet
Made by Amanda Reis
Whether you give her a bracelet with her own birthstone for a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift, or put together a stackable series with each of her kids’ (or grandkids’) stones, this is a lovely handmade gift at a very nice price.
Custom photo journalThis one made by Sara Hicks Malone
For every single custom journal sold at Minted by May 14, Minted is donating 100% of the profits to Every Mother Counts. We’d get one for every mother on our list! (We happen to this one for the new moms out there, because this is our life, right?)
Related: 15 of our very favorite personalized gifts for mom | Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2017
Made by CeeCee & Bee
Time alone for a hot bath is about the best gift we can imagine, and some chamomile tub tea to make it more luxurious would be pretty great too. Throw in a bottle of wine, trust us.
Monthly subscription to the Texture app
Whether she finds free time on her work commute, at the coffee shop, or on the carpool line, Texture will give her affordable access to enough magazines for all of it. Try 3 months and see how she s it.
Homemade Africa Queen cookiesCookie Cutter made by Yomimarket
If Africa is her heritage and the kitchen is her happy place, whip up a bunch of homemade sugar cookies (even better if the kids decorate them!) using this cool Africa Queen cookie cutter. Because she’s the queen!
Related: 9 gorgeous handmade food gifts for Mother’s Day
Motherhood Quote Silhouette Art PrintMaker: Vanna Chup
$18, Le Papier Studio
We included this print in our post on indie gifts from women makers, and loved it so much we had to include it again here. Because, this quote. And this price!
Related: 14 wonderful ideas for first Mother’s Day gifts for new moms
Wonder Woman peg doll necklaceMade by Rainbow Peg Dolls
Because all moms are part Wonder Woman. It’s in the fine print of her prenatal urinalysis results.
Raging Feminist Mom mug
$15.99, Look Human
We discovered this mug last year for our list of empowering Mother’s Day gift suggestions and this year the right mom might appreciate it it more than ever.
Handmade heart hoopMade by Blue Without You Kids
$15.00, Etsy (also shown at very top)
Greeting card -phobics: You don’t need a lot of words to send the most perfect message, and this handmade heart art really says it all for you.
Handmade Jada rose key chainMaker: Eboni Merriman
$14.99, Lost Queens
Wow, we love this handmade beaded keychain that will last a lot longer than real flowers, and celebrates ambition, determination, and powerful women. Know anyone that?
Growing Wishes herb garden set
$20, Potting Shed Creations
Any avid home cook would love to have her own kitchen herb garden, and these kits get her started with dill, sage, rosemary, and more.
Related: 28 special Mother’s Day gifts under $25
I love you to the moon and back soy candle
Maker: Kelli Paul
$14, Silver Dollar Candle Co.
This idea was also featured in our roundup of personalized gifts for mom and it’s such a great value, we thought it was worth showing again! With so many delicious scents to choose from — Coconut & Lime, Lavender Mint, Brazilian Coffee, and so many more — this super popular Etsy shop makes it easy to find something mom will love to the moon and back.
A custom silhouette made from your child’s art
Made by Lemonade Design Studio
We’ve seen a lot of silhouette art over the years, but this cool Etsy artist will create a child’s silhouette from their own original artwork. Amazing! Have tissues on hand when you gift this one.