- 25 Adorable DIY Mother’s Day Cards That Kids Can Make
- Related Content
- Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids
- 25+ Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids
- More Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids
- 25+ Mothers Day Crafts for Kids – Most Wonderful Cards, Keepsakes and More!
- 1. Tulip in a Heart Card
- 2. Handprint Butterfly Photo Craft
- 3. To the Moon and Back Mother’s Day Photo Craft
- 4. Heart Shaped Notebook
- 5. Twist and Pop Mother’s Day Card
- 6. Fingerprint Heart Tree
- 7. Child Photo – Holding Flower Card
- 9. Handprint Salt Dough or Air Dry Clay Candle Holder – Mothers day crafts for kids to make in the classroom
- 10. Heart Flower
- 11. Egg Carton Flowers
- 13. Flowers in Hand
- 14. Unicorn Flower Pot
- More Amazing Mother’s Day Craft Ideas
- Unlock VIP Printables – Become a Member
25 Adorable DIY Mother’s Day Cards That Kids Can Make
Mother’s Day is nearly here, which means that it is time to think about some DIY Mother’s Day gifts and cards. I wanted to do something for children, especially. So, I looked and found 25 of the most adorable DIY Mother’s Day cards that kids can make.
Whether you’re Dad and helping your little ones to make Mom a wonderful homemade card on her special day or you want to do something special for a grandparent, stepparent or any other mother, these are the cutest cards ever and easy enough for even toddlers and preschoolers to make.
Some of these do require a bit of adult supervision, but most of them are really simple.
All of them are adorable! From themed cards to seeds, sundaes and raisins, there is definitely a card in here that your little ones will want to make.
If you love DIY gifts, you need to be sure to take a look at these 50 fabulous Mother’s Day gifts that you can make for under $20. There is something in here for everyone, and these pair perfectly with a DIY Mother’s Day card!
I love doing special things for my Mom on Mother’s Day and I am sure that you do, too. I remember making cards in school when I was young, and these DIY cards fall along the same lines.
Teachers, if you need inspiration for your class for Mother’s Day, these cards are perfect! You are sure to find something that your kids are going to want to make for Mom this year, and many of these require very few supplies.
And, if you really want to do something special for Mom, check out these 15 delectable Mother’s Day desserts and surprise her even more this year.
1. DIY Photo Book Mother’s Day Card
This little photo book is the perfect card for Mother’s Day and little ones can make it almost all by themselves. If your children are a bit older, they won’t have any trouble with this one. For toddlers and preschoolers, you may need to help them with part of the folding and gluing but they can pick out the pictures that they want to include and even draw on special pictures for Mom.
2. Simple Pop Up Flower Card
Your little ones will adore making this pop up flower card for their Moms and Grandmas. It is a really simple and very colorful flower that kids will adore and aside from cutting out the flowers, little ones can make this one all on their own, depending of course on their ages. They can create flowers in any color or combination of colors that they want.
3. Cute DIY Flower Pot Card With Pictures
These little flower pot cards are really adorable and they include pictures of the little ones.
You could have all of your kids make one card together and add a picture of each of them in the flowers or let each child make their own flower pot card.
These are so simple to make from construction or craft paper and Moms are going to love the personalization. You could even use the cards and pictures to make Mom her own picture frame tray as a nice Mother’s Day gift.
4. Tissue Paper Flower Cards
Let your little ones create their own flowers for their Mother’s Day cards with tissue paper. Once you cut out the paper, even toddlers can put together their adorable little flowers in any number of color combinations. They can glue on buttons for the center of their flowers and then draw on anything they want inside the cards – which are made of construction paper or craft paper.
5. Adorably Easy DIY Handprint Flower Cards
Moms will love receiving these little handprint flower cards for Mother’s Day…almost as much as your kids love making them. These are so easy and let’s face it, kids love putting their hands in paint so getting them to make these is going to be a cinch. Once they have stamped their handprint flower, they just add whatever other decorations they want to finish them off.
6. Easy DIY Flower Pot Card
Here is another great Mother’s Day card that looks a flower pot. This one doubles as an envelope for your card. The flower pot keeps the card in place until Mom pulls out the flowers, and little ones can write or draw things on the enclosed card to make them more personal. These are pretty easy to make, even for younger children and can be done in so many beautiful colors.
7. Cute M&Ms Printable Cards
Help your little ones to print off these adorable M&Ms cards for Mom. Once you have the printable done, you just attach it to a bag of M&Ms.
These are super easy, even for toddlers and Mom will love having her own little bag of chocolate.
If your kids want to do something more personal, have them write a special message on the back side of the printable so that Mom sees it when she takes it off of the M&Ms.
8. Adorable Handprint Cupcake Card
Here is a great idea for a Mother’s Day card – it’s a handprint card. Moms love getting their little ones’ handprints. This one is really cute. It makes a cupcake and you only need a handful of basic craft supplies to make it. Plus, kids love putting their hands in paint, right? They will adore making this card as much as Mom will adore receiving it.
9. Upcycled Plastic Bottle Stamped Mother’s Day Card
Take an empty plastic bottle and turn it into a beautiful stamp to create your Mother’s Day card. The plastic bottle can be dipped into paint and then stamped on a card to make flowers. Kids are going to adore stamping their little flowers onto the cards and then they can draw in stems, leaves and anything else that they want. This is a fun craft for upcycling plastic soda bottles.
10. DIY Foam Handprint Flower Pot Card
You can make this adorable little Mother’s Day card foam or just regular green card stock. You make this one by tracing the handprint of your little ones – or letting them do it themselves. The handprint serves as the stem base for all of the little flowers. This one is super easy, even for toddlers, and it is adorable when it is finished.
11. A”rawr”able Handprint Lion Card
How adorable – or a”rawr”able – is this Mother’s Day card. You make this with a handprint and it couldn’t be more precious. A piece of recycled cardboard makes the mane and your little ones create the lion’s body with their handprint. You need a few paint colors, cardstock and some basic craft supplies for this one and it’s easy enough for toddlers and preschoolers to do on their own.
12. Easy DIY Whale Mother’s Day Card
This little card is so easy to make that even your preschoolers and toddlers can do it pretty much on their own. I love the message – “I whaley love you”. How cute is that? You just need card stock, some blue paper and glue to make this one. Plus, they can fill out the inside of the card however they want with crayons or markers.
13. Cupcake Paper Flower Card
Your kids are going to love making these cute little cards with cupcake papers. You just use the cupcake papers to create the flower petals and this is a really simple step. Even your youngest can handle this one on their own. Let them pick out their favorite colors or patterns from cupcake papers and then they just glue them together to form a flower.
14. DIY Mother’s Day Heart Fan Card
This DIY Mother’s Day card is a bit more complex than some of the others, but even your youngest can make one of these with a little help. You need to cut out heart shapes and then let them fill those shapes in with pictures or whatever messages they want to convey. Then, help them to put all of the hearts together with a brad and the card fans out when it’s finished.
15. Mother’s Day Frame Card
Okay, so this one isn’t technically a card, but little ones can turn it into one. Just have them put in a message on construction paper or cardstock and then they can create the frame to showcase that message. They can also add a picture of themselves for Mom’s desk or dresser – it’s a really easy DIY project and kids are sure to love making this one.
16. Easy Origami Tulips Card
Toddlers and preschoolers can make this card all on their own, and older children can customize it however they want. This one is super simple.
You just have your little ones create tulips origami style, which is really simple. Then, they just glue those tulips to card stock and add whatever Mother’s Day message they want to add.
They could also make DIY book page roses for this card if they prefer.
17. Simply Yogurt Bar Mother’s Day Card
These little yogurt bar Mother’s Day cards are really cute and super easy to make. There is a free printable that you can print off and then just let your little ones decorate their yogurt bar cards however they want. The cards open up to reveal a special message and you can help toddlers and preschoolers to glue on a popsicle stick for the actual stick.
18. Paint Chip Surprise Handprint Card
These little cards are made with paint chips, which are really inexpensive, and they have a hidden surprise for Mom right inside. These are really easy for younger children to do, as long as you help them to assemble the cards when they are ready. Plus, any time your little ones get to stick their hands in paint is a great day for them, right?
19. Showers Of Love DIY Mother’s Day Card
This is a really simple card to make, even for toddlers. You just need card stock, a cupcake liner and a few hearts cut construction paper or foam. You can buy premade hearts at craft stores or the Dollar Store to make it easier for your little ones to make this one. The cupcake liner creates an umbrella and the hearts are the “showers of love”. How cute is that?
20. Love You Bunches Thumbprint Cart
This is a really cute idea. It’s a card with grapes and the grapes are made with the thumbprints of your little ones. Just let them dip their little thumbs into purple paint and stamp on their grapes. Then, you can help smaller children to paint on the stems and write their message of “I love you bunches.” They can color or write anything that they want inside the card, too.
21. DIY Spinning Mother’s Day Card
These little spinning Mother’s Day cards have pictures of Mom’s favorite little ones – that spin! These are pretty easy to make. If you have younger children – not yet in school – then you may need to help them with the cutting and the placement of their spinning picture. They can do the rest though, and even put a special message for Mom inside the card.
22. DIY String Heart Yarn Card
Kids love string art – at least I did when I was younger – and they will adore making these string heart yarn cards for Mom on her special day. The card part is really easy.
You may need to assist younger children with getting the hang of string art but it’s a pretty easy craft and they are going to love watching their heart form while they thread the yarn through the card stock.
This is a great leftover yarn craft.
23. Mother’s Day Sundae Card
Here is a cute little Mother’s Day card that is easy to make and gives Mom a special treat on her special day. This sundae card is just card stock that kids can print messages on or write them on themselves.
On the card are little baggies that hold Mom’s favorite sundae toppings. Let them create these cards and then have ice cream on standby for dessert.
Mom can use her card to make her own Mother’s Day sundae!
24. Cute Turtle Mother’s Day Card
This cute little turtle card is made with card stock and some green cupcake papers. It is super easy even for toddlers and bears an adorable message – “I turtley love you.” You will also need yellow or brown construction paper to make the faces and legs of the turtles. Little ones will find this one so easy – they just fold the cupcake papers in half to create the turtle shells.
25. Easy Construction Paper Flower Card
This Mother’s Day card is perfect for your kids to make, no matter what their ages are. They just cut out circles of colored construction paper and then glue those circles together to create flowers. Then, add those flowers to a piece of card stock and let them draw in a vase or a flower garden. It’s so easy and Mom will love how colorful these DIY cards are.
Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids
Mother’s Day is one of our favorite holidays to make handprint crafts. Our very first handprint craft, these butterfly handprint cards are one of our most popular. But beyond handprint crafts we have lots of Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids here and we’re sure you’ll love some of these ideas!
RELATED: Mother’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
See all of our favorite Mother’s Day Craft videos here:
25+ Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids
1. These butterfly handprint cards are perfect to make for Mom! Add a Mom or Dad handprint behind the child’s and you can also make it for Grandma!
2. Salt Dough Handprint Ornament – this salt dough recipe is perfect for taking an imprint of your child’s hand and to give as a gift for Mother’s Day!
3. Capture your child’s handprints and turn them into this handprint suncatcher! We love that the two hands form to make a little heart where the sun can come through too.
4. This Mother’s Day Handprint Flower Pot is so cute! We love that the pot opens up to make a card inside.
5. If you have a toddler, this Mother’s Day craft for toddlers is perfect! This mess free painting idea is especially great for toddlers that don’t to get their hands messy with paint.
6. If you’re looking to make a flower for Mom, this free printable flower template is so cute! You can add a photo and under each petal you can write a special message to Mom.
7. This Handprint Heart card is easy to make and Mom will love all the messages you can write on the hearts inside!
8. Nothing says I love you more than the cute phrase “I love you to pieces”. Tear up little tissue paper pieces and make this handprint card craft for Mom!
9. These handprint flowers make a perfect centerpiece or office or kitchen decoration. We love how these flowers can be kept for many years to come!
10. This You are my sunshine handprint keepsake is perfect to give as a gift for Mother’s Day!
11. Make a homemade Mother’s Day card from buttons! We love these easy button flowers for a DIY Mother’s Day card.
12. These pom pom flowers are so cute! You can turn them into magnets for the fridge or make them as gifts for Mom.
13. These shrinky dink footprint keychains are simply the best keepsake! Mom or Grandma will love having little feet or handprints on their keychain.
14. If you a recycled project, these recycled tin can planters are easy to make! Plant some spring flowers and brighten up Mom’s window sill with these.
15. If you want to give mom some flowers, these Trolls mason jars are the perfect DIY craft to make for her!
16. And for all of the Trolls fans, you can make these Troll handprint cards signed, “Love your little Troll”. Mom will love getting her very own Troll card!
17. If you find salt dough hard to work with, you can make a clay handprint keepsake! Turn it into a dish these leaf clay dishes or trace the hand and you can even make the hand into a jewelry dish!
18. This cupcake liner flower card is easy for anyone to make! Grab our free printable template and you’ll be on your way making this lovely card.
19. These salt dough flower magnets are perfect for kids to help make. They make a great gift for Grandma or other family members too!
20. These thumbprint butterfly mugs make the perfect gift for Mother’s Day. Kids will love making these for Mom.
21. This handprint flower bouquet is really easy to make!
22. These handprint shrinky dinky keychains make an adorable keepsake gift!
23. These Mother’s Day sponge printed cards are easy for toddlers to make!
24. This Mother’s Day Flower bouquet can be personalized with different things you love about Mom.
25. Or make this beautiful tulip flower card for Mom and write a special message under the flower pot.
More Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids
Here are a few more ideas for Mother’s Day Craftsand Gifts kids can make:
– Egg Carton Flowers
– Salt Dough Hearts
– Yarn Wrapped Letter Bookmarks
– Leaf Clay Dishes
Or see over 20+ other Mother’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
25+ Mothers Day Crafts for Kids – Most Wonderful Cards, Keepsakes and More!
There’s a whole bunch of totally awesome Mothers day crafts for kids they can make (and mothers will love) – from super simple projects for the littlest ones to more demanding crafts for older kids!
The best card ideas, easy projects preschoolers and toddlers can do and even a few amazing art projects.
Flower crafts are always a hit but there are many, many other cool crafts you will want to do (either at home or in the classroom)!
*this post contains affiliate links*
1. Tulip in a Heart Card
This is one of the nicest cards you can make for Mother’s day – close it shut and when the card is opened it reveals a nice 3D tulip.
See how to make one (and grab the handy template)
2. Handprint Butterfly Photo Craft
Sweet and personal, a hand-print Mother’s day craft you just have to make with your kids.
See the tutorial here.
3. To the Moon and Back Mother’s Day Photo Craft
Another wonderful photo craft that will look amazing on the fridge.
See how to make one here.
4. Heart Shaped Notebook
What is wonderful about this one it that it’s simple to make and you can fill this book with lovely kid’s drawings. Priceless keepsake for years to come.
Learn how to make a heart notebook.
5. Twist and Pop Mother’s Day Card
We love when cards have a surprise element to them. These twist and pop cards are actually really, really easy to make.
See how to make them here.
6. Fingerprint Heart Tree
This one has been one of our favorite projects to make over the years.
See how to make this fingerprint heart tree here.
7. Child Photo – Holding Flower Card
Sweet little card with a child photo. Kids love creating this one as modelling is involved. A cute and personal idea.
See the tutorial here
9. Handprint Salt Dough or Air Dry Clay Candle Holder – Mothers day crafts for kids to make in the classroom
Salt dough keepsakes are perfect for larger groups of kids as they are really frugal.
10. Heart Flower
One of the most fun Mother’s day cards – this heart opens up to reveal a hidden message.
11. Egg Carton Flowers
Can you believe these flowers are made egg cartons?
13. Flowers in Hand
Another project worthy of a display on your fridge. Trace your child’s hand, make flowers and make a bouquet that won’t wilt away.
See how to make them here.
14. Unicorn Flower Pot
This unicorn flower pot makes the perfect kid made Mother’s day gift.
More Amazing Mother’s Day Craft Ideas
1. Flowers are always great so why not make one that will last a little bit longer this egg carton sunflower canvas!
2. These decoupaged flower pots will be a welcomed gift. Modge Podge Rocks
3. Make a marbled bowl! It’s surprisingly easy to make and it looks gorgeous! One Artsy Mama
4. And here’s another version of the marbled bowl as it’s just that awesome! A Beautiful Mess
5. This one is one of the cutest (and one of my favorite) keepsake crafts ever – make a hand shaped ring dish! – Mama. Papa. Bubba
6. Know how to do tinted mason jars? It’s super easy! Hands on as We Grow
7. Picture frame vase? Yes please! I Heart Arts and Crafts
8. Jewellery is jet another great pick and it’s even better if kids make it themselves – you can do something as simple as this sand art bottle necklace (looks amazing). Easy Peasy and Fun
9. Frames are always great – make a tissue paper frame! Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
10. Get your hands dirty and make a unique shopping bag! We Made That
11. Give a flower! But here’s the twist – make your own unique flower pot! Edventures with Kids
12. Have an old umbrella lying around? Give that boring looking umbrella a makeover!
13. How about making a tulip pen? Muslin and Merlot
14. Need an easy project for the little one? Make this fingerprint Mother’s day card! Crafty Morning
15. If you’ve got a few buttons and egg cartons you can make this adorable egg carton art! Modge Podge Rocks Blog
16. Bookmarks are a great gift two and this DIY bookmark is perfect! Happy Hooligans
17. Salt dough is great for making keepsakes – try making this footprint keepsake! Cowboys Life Blog
18. If you have a candle or two you can also make these finger print candles. Come Together Kids
19. Giving flowers – be sure to also make this polka dot vase! Meaningful Mama
20. While at vases – you can do a ton of great looking ones by upcycling things in your household – see this set of Mother’s day vases. Moms and Crafters
21. Got coffee filters? Make a coffee filter bouquet! Fun at Home With Kids
Unlock VIP Printables – Become a Member
Become a member of Easy Peasy and Fun membership and gain access to our exclusive craft templates and educational printables. With brand new resources added on weekly basis you will never run fun things to make with your kids (either as a parent or as a teacher).